Sunday, November 26, 2006

New Blog

We've created this blog to keep our friends and family updated on Elias' progress as he has surgery this week and then goes through recovery in the weeks to come. We figured this was the easiest way to communicate with everyone. So, check back occasionally for details on Elias. We'll try to post updates a few times this week while we're in the hospital.

We leave on Monday afternoon (11/27) to drive to Shriner's Hospital for Children in Erie, PA which is about 3 hours away. We'll stay in family housing at the hospital that night then Elias will have his surgery early Tuesday morning. The surgery is only 2 hours and the doctors anticipate Elias staying in the hospital for at least a couple of days. We hope to head back home on Thursday or Friday where Nani and then Grammie Lew will be coming to help out and give some TLC to their grandson.

We thank you so much for your support and prayers! We're nervous and sad about the days ahead of us, but we are peaceful and encouraged as well. Our God is big!

For those of you just joining us, the next post will be a quick synopsis of Elias' story.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless, kids. i'll be thinking of y'all tomorrow morning, and will pray for you.

in Christ,
john

Anonymous said...

Chase & Meagan,
You both are such an inspiration of strength and courage. Elias is so blessed to have you as parents. We are thinking of you tonight and praying for a wonderful recovery. Chase-I know Elias is lucky to have your knowledge and care to look after him in such a scary time and down the road. Keep your faith.
Love,
Karen & Jonathan Teoli

Anonymous said...

Isn't our God amazing! I know Elias is in good hands tomorrow as he goes through surgery, in the upcoming weeks as he participates in therapy, and in the future years as his Daddy provides him with a prosthesis with which to walk, run, and play. Your family is an inspiration to all of us. We'll be praying for you all!
Love, Betsy and Rob Dodosn

Anonymous said...

We are all thinking of you this morning. Looking forward to seeing Baby E up and around. Hang in there guys! We love ya!

Tracie and everyone at Strong O&P

Anonymous said...

Been thinking and praying for you guys since I woke up this morning. We know our God is good and in control.
Love,

Eric

Anonymous said...

Chase & Meagan,

May God continue to bless you. May you find the strength, comfort and peace that passes all understanding. With God all things are possible. Elias is adorable! You are in my prayers.

In Christ
Brigitte

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys. I have been sending extra prayers since last night. I knew he would come through with flying colors! I will pray that he will learn to be still (like a child ever could). Love, Shannon

Mom (Nani) said...

Praise God for answered prayer, surgery that went well, happy doctors, and recovering Browns. Love cell phones and blogs. Saturday will be here quite soon and I'll get to hold Elias and take care of Meagan and Chase while they take care of Elias. I'm ready to travel to cold country. I love my Meagan and Chase and Elias. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Chase and Meagan,

I'm so thankful to learn about this blog so I can keep in touch as to what is happening. I know God has blessed you with this special child. I love your story. Chase, you know I love you and to hear you call
yourself "Daddy" brings tears to my eyes. Meagan, I know you an awesome wife and mother. God has very special plans for Elias and for all of you. I'm praying for you.

Kea Waldon